Garden Ridge Trail Map and Legend
The Garden Ridge Trail Project includes (1) 4.2 miles of concrete shared-use paths along Garden Ridge Parkway from IH-35 to LL Woods Park and along N. Valley Parkway from Garden Ridge Parkway to Main Street and (2) 3.6 miles of shared-use bicycle lanes along Garden Ridge Parkway, N. Valley Parkway and Civic Circle.
The map demonstrates the varying widths of the shared-use paths along Garden Ridge Parkway, N. Valley Parkway and the utility easement to Highlands Park. The varying colors indicate the different widths the shared-use paths/trails will be along the route. While the intent was to have 8-12' paths throughout the project, lack of right-of-way in certain areas prohibited optimal construction width.
The double arrows or "sharrows" indicate where bicyclists will be able to share the outside lanes with vehicles on both sides of the street.
Sidewalk Expansion Information
The Garden Ridge Trail will include sidewalk expansions in the following areas. Sidewalk expansions will vary between 6' to 8' feet in width due to space limitation. No additional easements will be needed for any residential property currently.
- Garden Ridge Parkway from Chapelwood Drive to Valley Ridge Elementary and on the north side of Parkway
- North Valley Parkway from Garden Ridge Parkway to Main Street and on the east side of Parkway
Shared Use Trail Information
The Garden Ridge Trail will include a 12' shared use trail in the following areas;
- In the Garden Ridge Parkway median from Valley Ridge Elementary School to LL Woods Park
- Enhanced crosswalks at side streets and North Valley Park intersections
- There will not be any shared lanes (sharrows) along this segment
- The Oncor Easement will be used from Garden Ridge to Highlands Park